Saturday, June 8, 2013

Weekend With Maddy

While Andy and I (and Rosemary) went to the homeschool conference in Richmond, our very sweet friend, Maddy, stayed with the big kids. She is such a blessing. She loves our kids so much and does such an amazing job with them. They adore her. She packed the weekend with fun activities - farmers market, splash park, bike riding, playground, tea party, you name it, they probably did it. She even took Samuel to his first awards ceremony for gymnastics where he got a trophy.










While they were home having a blast we were hanging out with 14,000 of our closest friends having our own kind of fun - filling our brains full of homeschooling information. We heard from so many speakers and browsed so much material my brain is still trying to process it all.

In most circles, I feel like the odd ball out, but I feel right at home among these families. Remarkably, it is the only place I've ever been where I use the words "only 4 children" as I'm describing our family. Homeschoolers sure do know how to raise large families. And most of them do it so beautifully.

It was such an encouraging weekend. It is sure to get us through another year until we go back for more!

No comments:

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers