Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Improptu Hike and Prayers

Being a mother of two boys, you would think I would learn to just never try and dress at all fashionable because there is always the chance we might go do rough and tough things.

We were driving around a neighborhood of a house we were looking at* and found an amazing park. I got out to get a map of the trails and Samuel was begging to get out and play. Since it's been so cold lately, we haven't gone on many hikes, so I felt sorry for the kid and we went exploring. Good thing we keep the hiking backpack in the trunk for times like these.

We had a blast. I forget how much fun impromptu hikes can be. From now on, I should keep a pair of sneakers in the car too.

Samuel off and running...

I'm ill prepared...

But (of course) had my camera.

The 3 amigos.

*For those of you who we don't keep in close touch with, when we moved to Charlottesville in June we decided to rent a house so we could get our bearings on the area and see where Andy got a job before we decided to truly settle down and buy. So, we are in the process of looking at homes in hopes that we can buy something before our lease runs out at the end of June.

If you think about it, please be praying for us as we charter this very unfamiliar territory that is buying a home. We've got to weigh a lot of factors and we need God's wisdom through it all.

6 comments:

Teal said...

I love being able to keep up with your precious family through your blog! I'll be praying for you in regards to the house!

Jennifer said...

We'll certainly keep you in our prayers. House hunting is so much fun, but the whole house buying thing is a bit of an adventure...but, hey, you guys like adventure!

Lora said...

you are super mom! i need to be more brave and take my kids out like that! and i'll be praying for you guys to find a wonderful home. hey, check out my blog. i'm having a giveaway! lora

Amy said...

We do love adventure, that's for sure! Haha, super mom, I have HALF the amount of kids you do, Lora. Don't be so hard on yourself!!!

Anonymous said...

You call that outfit "All Fashionable"?????

Amy said...

It's fashionable in my book :)

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers