Friday, February 22, 2008

Catching You Up

We are all doing very well. Life is flying at an alarming speed and we're having a hard time keeping up. I've been feeling wonderful and we are very excited for Joseph to arrive. I'm no where near as anxious about him coming as I was with Samuel. He will come when he is ready and there is nothing we can do or say to make that process speed up. For once in my life I'm not being impatient about something! It's a miracle.

Samuel continues to amaze us each and every day with his wonderful personality. He is just a joy to have in our family. He's talking so much more. It's so fun to try and figure out what he's saying.

We've had both mom's visit within the past 2 weeks to share their last moments with their only (out of the womb) grandson and to help out with preparing meals and cleaning. And especially to let us get a little break and take a few dates! What a blessing that was! It's crazy to think that next time they arrive there will be two little boys to love :)

Everything seems to be ready for the little guy to arrive, but of course there are a million things on the list of 'things I would love to get done, but are not totally necessary.' I will be trying to check those off the list in the next 3 weeks.

Not too many pictures are being taken lately, but here are some. He is obsessed with wearing shoes around and especially Andy's. He also loves wearing his hat. And of course the no clothes pictures are the cutest. One of my mom's friends said "does he ever wear clothes?" And the answer to that is "No, not very often." He is not too fond of clothes, and is much happier when not in them. Fine by me. I could care less. Actually, I like it, less clothes to wash and fold and put away, and especially less stains to get out :)

Andy got him a balloon for Valentine's Day and it goes everywhere with him. He absolutely loves it. This is Valentine's night at dinner. He wouldn't let it go to even eat.

Sam and Gigi before she left to go home! I've got to get a lot better at taking pictures when Grandparents are here. This is the only one I took the entire time both grandma's were here. What a shame!

Some friends at church got Samuel a painting book. You just add water and the paint droplets spread and fill up the picture. Samuel loves it. We're pretty sure we've got a lefty on our hands! Wouldn't be surprising though since my mom and Andy's dad are both left handed.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Not long now. Our guys' birthdays will be closer than we thought! You continue to be in my prayers. I know God has your labor and delivery planned and it will be perfect in His sight!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers