Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Calm Before the Storm

In a few hours I will be a mother of FOUR BOYS! Our pastor and his wife are going to be 'suffering for Christ' at a conference in Orlando for the next week. They have 6 kids and are spreading them out while they are gone. We are going to be watching their two boys, Josiah (11) and Cameron (10). Samuel and Josiah are the absolute best of friends, which is shocking because of their age difference, but it's true. Samuel has no idea what is about to happen. The boys are homeschooled too, so they will always be here. He is going to be on cloud nine. Maybe they'll get to join in on Bushu :)

I'm updated the blog now for two reasons. I know there are some grandparents that are just dying to see more pictures. And if I don't update now, it will be (at least) a week when I'll be able to find the time to do this again.

So, here are some recent shots...









This past weekend, Joseph and I went to Camp Lejeune, NC (where Andy was stationed with the USMC) to celebrate the upcoming arrival of a friend's baby. We had a great time visiting with all of our old friends from the area. Most have moved on to other locations, but it was great to see the ones who were still around. Here's the quilt I made the baby.


And here are some of the girls back together again. I need shorter friends, huh?

If you think about it, please keep us in your prayers the next 6 days while our guests are here. Check back next week where you'll be sure to hear all about our adventurous week.

3 comments:

Lora said...

your quilt is amazing! i love the fabrics and the pattern! awesome work!

Amy said...

Lora - I can't take credit for the design of the top of the quilt... I got that and then did the rest myself. It was that or no quilt at all. I just can't find the time to quilt much these days. I am in love with the colors and pattern, though too.

Abbi said...

I hope you are having fun with your 4 boys!
Your quilt is very pretty. Good choice. I have been wanting to make a quilt (actually I have several in mind) lately but have not found the time yet. The past 3 weeks I have been watching a 9 month old every morning so that has made life a bit busier.

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers