Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This week has been such a great week. Nothing super exciting going on, but we feel very blessed.

~ The house is really coming along. It really feels like home now. Of course there is a ton more we'd love to do, but we're in a good place to relax and enjoy it.
~ Andy's job is going really well.
~ I'm learning how to sew my first dress.
~ I got two crafting books I've really been wanting. Handmade Home and The Creative Family. I simply cannot wait to get my sewing area up and working so I can start on some of the projects in these books, and my dress of course.
~ Andy and I are reading a fabulous book, Hope Lives. If you're up to be challenged, I highly recommend this book. It has given us many opportunities to see into the heart of God for orphans and to know His will in a deeper way.
~ We finally got to meet our friends, Caleb and Eden from Ethiopia. They are seriously the worlds cutest children. I thought, I had them, but I was wrong! Words cannot express the emotion I felt when I saw them in their parents arms. What a beautiful example of how the Lord rescues us.
~ The weather this week has been gorgeous. We are finally excited about fall. Especially the idea of no mosquitoes. And pumpkins. And apples.
~ And to top it all off, my birthday is tomorrow. WOOHOO!

3 comments:

Lora said...

yay!!! happy early birthday! send me your email address, amy. i'd love to send you a little goodie in the mail! my email is eagerhands@gmail.com
have a great day!
lora

Abbi said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your day was wonderful!

noahandlylasmommi said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers