Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Year for Risks!

I've been blessed with 29 years on this earth. I am beyond excited at what this year is going to bring!

Photo (by Sam) of me and my girl on my birthday!
All I wanted for my birthday was to paint our bedroom. I'm a fairly artsy person, but I don't take many design risks. We've lived in our home for over 2  years and for the most part it is still visually dull and boring. I have a very eclectic taste in decor, so I've had a hard time making all the ideas in my head actually fit under the same roof. I decided if I was going to take a major risk, our bedroom would be the place. It's out of the way, and if it was a total flop, only we would have to live with it.

The color isn't right on the screen, but you get the idea.
Either I made a huge mistake, or I'm going to be able to pull off this color and it will look awesome. A fashion tightrope, perhaps? We only have 2 walls done, but so far Andy and I both love it. The final results are yet to be determined.

4 comments:

Lora said...

i love the paint color! so vibrant and happy. :) and can i just tell you, amy, that you are BEAUTIFUL! wow. and i am loving your hair long. so pretty! :)

Amy said...

Wow, Lora, you are so encouraging! Thanks for your sweet words. Love you, friend!

Kaila said...

Maybe try using Chocolate Brown as an accent color. Beautiful - very Morroco.

Amy said...

Kaila, great to see a new face on here. Chocolate brown is a great suggestion. We have a red quilt and I just got this 1930's floral print that I'm going to try to incorporate in there somewhere. Should be fun!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers