Monday, September 12, 2011

The Underwear Game

Yes, you read that correctly. We have a game in our home called 'The Underwear Game'. Secrets out. I'm just gonna go ahead and say it up front... we are strange! I'd love to say it's just Andy, but as his family reminds me, I must have been just as crazy to chose him :) For a couple years now I've been waiting for the game to die down and them to move onto something else, but that doesn't seem like it's happening anytime soon. They only seem to be getting more into it. So, I've embraced it, and now it's going viral, and will be in our memory books for generations to come.

 How this game came to be, we aren't quite sure. I'm assuming I was folding clothes one night and they were all wrestling and someone took some underwear and started running around the house hitting everyone with it. (We are quite civilized around here, I know!) And we all know wrestling is more fun when you can hit each other with underwear. So, that was that... The Underwear Game.


Since Annabelle was in the womb and we knew she was a girl we joked about what she would do for The Underwear Game, and Andy just said, she'll join us. Well, here's your proof, this girl loooves The Underwear Game. She honestly gets upset when she's got to go to bed and she hears them getting in position!


They all have starting positions and Andy calls them to attention and then officially calls the game to begin and then they go at it. The only rule is no face shots. Annabelle still is learning that rule. Oh, and the underwear have to be clean... my rule :)


Every night at dinner they talk about what their evening activity will be. It's either wrestling (downstairs, or on our master bed), The Underwear Game, or country running, which is running around the circle downstairs with objects you have to jump over. That one always leads to wrestling, too. Notice a trend?

It is pure music to my ears to hear my husband and my children thoroughly enjoying being with one another as I clean up the tornado that went through our kitchen each night.

I am blessed beyond measure to be married to this amazing man!

No comments:

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers