Thursday, October 6, 2011

If You Build It, They Will Come


If you do not know Andy, I struggle to describe him. He is truly unique. Many of his idiosyncrasies might drive others to insanity, but God has given me a love for this man that I cannot explain. I am blessed to be his helpmate.

He has maturity beyond his years, all while desiring to design a wrestling pit in our backyard for him and the boys to play, and for other men to join.

Yes, he actually believes that other men will come and wrestle in their pit once they hear that we have one. He is definitely a man of faith :)

Sorry for the bad quality of photo. They were working late into the night.

The boys are clearly in agreement that this is the best thing that the back yard could ever be used for.


We've had a 2 year long discussion about this thing, and I finally just broke down and gave in. When your husband wants to do something manly with your boys in the backyard no matter how ugly it looks, it's in your best interest to say 'yes'.

I recently heard a quote that I never want to forget when I get all in a tizzy about another one of his crazy, messy ideas.... "we're not trying to grow grass, we're trying to grow men!"

And apparently, men still love to play in the dirt!

Edited to add: Since a few of you have already been concerned, my garden has not been harmed in the process! I made sure it stayed clear away from my precious plants!

No comments:

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers