Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankful for - Veterans

Today is a very hard day for Andy. 7 years ago today he was in the midst of the battle of Fallujah in Iraq and lost the first of what would end up being four men from his platoon. Yesterday, I foolishly was talking about 11/11/11 and how neat that it is and jokingly asked him if he was looking forward to it. He somberly said, "no." My heart sunk. In the seven years since the battle, I have rarely forgotten the dates of the death of his men. But yesterday, I did. Ugg, did I feel horrible.

Thanking a veteran today seems so inadequate. As hard as I have tried to fully understand what he experienced overseas, I will never.

My heart aches for Christ's return where evil will be eternally punished and death will no longer have it's sting. Oh what a glorious day that will be.

No comments:

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers