Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Walk Across the Sun

Our friend, Corban, just had his first book published. A Walk Across the Sun, a novel about human trafficking was just recently released. We were able to go to a book signing downtown where John Grisham gave the opening remarks. I cannot begin to tell you what an incredibly gifted man Corban is. His passion for justice is beautiful and it's been amazing to see what God has done through him and his family. Their willingness to say "yes" to the unknown and trust Him has been such an encouragement to Andy and me. God is using them in great ways.


I am not an avid reader. But, I read A Walk Across the Sun in less than 3 days. I literally could not put the book down. The topic is not an easy one to stomach and frankly I wasn't sure I was ready for the weight of what I was about to bear. Andy and I have been slowly educating ourselves in human trafficking for about the last 3 years, but nothing gripped me, educated me and inspired me to action like this book. The world needs to hear what Corban has to say. We are praying that this is just the first of many books for him.


Go out and buy this book!

No comments:

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers