Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Celebrating Beckie

I believe people come into your life for very specific reasons. It's our responsibility to learn the lessons from those people that we are suppose to. I have never been so deeply influenced by a person as I was with Beckie Stepp. She was a women of God who lived every day as if it was her last, because it very well could have been. Yes, she had cancer, but cancer did not have her! Beckie left us just a short year ago this week. I miss her terribly, but my life is a living testimony of how one person can affect lives even after they have departed from this earth. What a legacy she left behind in her short 26 years on earth! What will be my legacy be after I'm gone? Will my words remain after my body has departed? What will those words be? Words of encouragement, or words of hurt? Are there going to be people in heaven because I allowed God to use me, or will I hid my light under a bushel? Thank you Lord for this day that you have made, may I use it for your glory and not my own.

1 comment:

Gina Witcher / Runnermom4 said...

Wow, what an awesome story. Becky is an amazingly beautiful woman for being as sick as she was. She definitely has a glow about her. I also know people like that and hope to be as bright a light in all the years God allows me to live on this earth.

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers