Monday, July 14, 2008

Computer Still Down

We haven't had much time to spend on the computer since we moved, which is a good thing, since it's still not working! We took it to Best Buy and the Geek Squad let us know that our wireless card has disappeared. The computer is 18 months old, but fortunately, they have extended the warranty on that computer since they've been having a lot of problems with it. So, either tomorrow or Wednesday we will be able to send the computer to HP and they will install a new mother board for FREE, shipping included! What a blessing! Praise the Lord our local library is only about 2 miles away, which is where we go to check emails, etc.

Our internal battery is completely dead and our power cord for some unknown reason has a tear in it and has to be in the exact right position for the computer to stay powered on. We've looked into replacing both of those things, but are just being stubborn because they will both cost about $100 each. Eventually we'll have to bite the bullet and pay for them, but now is not looking like a good time to do that.

Sorry for the lack of posts. I know many of you are curious to know what's going on with us. But, believe us, no news is good news. Andy is still looking for a job and I am still unpacking. Life has been crazy, but we see it calming down shortly. God is providing our every needs. We have found a church that we are excited about and have gone all three Sundays since we've been here. We shall see if He continues to confirm that that is where He would have us serve.

We are anticipating Samuel's 2nd birthday on Thursday. It's unbelievable he will be 2. Time has flown. We cannot wait to celebrate it this weekend with Gigi, Gran Ran and Mimi. It will be a blast! And I'm also looking forward to internet access there. I'll bring my camera hub so I can upload lots of pictures for you all. Believe me when I say lots! Come prepared :)

3 comments:

Gina Witcher / Runnermom4 said...

Wow, I remember when you celebrated it last year. I can't believe I've known you for that long. Yes, my email has probably changed. It is: gina@catalystfrance.org

Too bad we don't live there. My husband is a computer genius. He can build them, program, and anything else you need. I on the other hand can type. That is about it. :-)

Jennifer said...

So glad to hear from you! I've been praying that all is well and you are getting settled in to your new home!

I hope Samuel's birthday is a blast! 2 years old...he's getting to be a big boy!

Anonymous said...

we are praying daily for you as you get settled and find a church and job. Hang in there for the right opportunities will present themselves in God's tme. wish we were there to celebrate with Sam. it is hard to think of him as a 2 year old. hug him for us. Gram

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers