Tuesday, July 1, 2008

M-Ville to C-Ville

We are starting to get more and more settled each day. It already feels like home. I've been able to upload all of our picture to our computer so stay tuned for lots of updated!

Our trip to Virginia went extremely well. The boys were perfect in the car. Our only drama was when Samuel dropped his blanket he would steal Joseph's and that would of course make the frog cry! Andy and his mom rode in the truck and did their own thing while me and the boys and the dog and the bird rode in the car. We met up a couple times a day at a rest stop or for lunch but most of the time we were on our own. It made the trip go much quicker since my stops were for longer but I could drive much faster than the truck.

The trip was pretty uneventful except for the mysterious disappearing act of the camera. After our night on the road we were all packing up and heading out of the hotel. Andy specifically told me exactly where he put the camera. I heard him and moved on. At the last minute we realized that we had packed Gamba's bed in the overhead carrier and we usually put it in the back for him to lay on. So Andy got into the carrier and got it. He used the car keys to open the top and then headed for the truck. I went up there to close the lid.

Then I drove off.

I called Andy twice and tried to convince him that he did not in fact put the camera where he said he put it and to think really hard what he did with it. He assured me he put it right where he said he did.

I was not convinced.

I had pulled over twice to search the car and was convinced that it was not in the car. I had even checked the roof carrier thinking maybe he put it in there when he went to get Gamba's bed out.

So, I called them and asked them if they would take a picture of the 'Welcome to Virginia' sign since were were just about to head into Virginia. Right after we got into Virginia I stopped at the welcome center for a stop. There was the same welcome sign I had just seen on the road at the welcome center. As I was going over all of the pictures that were on the camera and pleading with the Lord to not allow this camera to be lost I spotted it. It was on the top of the car!!! It was wedged under the roof rack! It had been there the entire time. It stayed on top of the car for 120 MILES!!! How amazing!!!

I of course had to call Andy and apologize for accusing him of mis-placing the camera. In my defense he is notorious for putting things on top of the car and driving off and I NEVER do such things. Well, I ate my words this time :) I learned two very important lessons here... don't assume, and never say never. I blamed Andy the entire time for the camera being lost, and even after I found it, I blamed it on him for putting it up there. We are not certain of what actually happened to it, but chances are, I did it. I was very humbled. Hopefully next time I won't be so prideful.

As insignificant as this camera is in the big scheme of life, it's important to me. I was enjoying so much documenting this trip and having it captured in all of our pictures along the way. I was heartbroken over the idea that they would all be lost. The Lord knew that. He knew this camera was important to me. I truly believe he allowed the camera to stay on the car that whole way knowing how much it meant to me.

He knows me and He loves me and He loves seeing me enjoy my hobbies. I believe that not only does the Lord provide for us in big ways he also provides for us in the small. This was such a great reminder of how much my God loves me.

So, now that I have our camera, I can post pictures of our trip.





And yes, I was able to get a picture of the 'Virginia Welcomes You' sign in the parking lot right after I found the camera.

God is so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really can understand your worry of the missing camera. The Lord was watching out for you. Sometimes we have to experience these situations to appriciate the things we have. Looking forward to more later.
Karen B

Nice place you all have!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers