Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Consignment Sales

Here in Charlottesville there are two big consignment sales that both happen twice a year, once in the spring for spring/summer clothes and once in the fall for fall/winter clothes. They are usually the same week or a week a part. My mom normally plans her trips around these sales because it is practically the only time we get things for the kids. Anything you need for kids, they have!

My philosophy on kids things... buy them as nice as you can for as cheap as you can. These consignment sales allow me to do just that.

Nana put a good chunk of money towards our trip this year even though she couldn't come, and Annabelle was the proud recipient of most of that money! So, thanks to Nana, Annabelle has her complete 0-6 month wardrobe. What a huge blessing!

Check out some of my favorites:


The boys really didn't need anything, but I did end up buying some fun surprises to be given on special occasions:


Now, all we need for her is a car seat, a crib mattress, baby book... and the minor things like a family vehicle to put her in!

But the important things, like shoes and clothes are taken care of :) And it feels so good! She is so personified to me now. Seeing all of her clothes that she'll be wearing makes her all the more real to me. I simply cannot believe she is on her way in less than 90 days!

1 comment:

Lora said...

i love that little aqua smocked dress... adorable!
and we have worn out those two veggietale videos. my boys love them!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers