Saturday, August 11, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Seeing as though I'm coming up on the big 3-0, Andy wanted to do something bigger to celebrate my birthday this year. He asked if I wanted a party or to go away. I said neither. I wanted our kitchen, hallway and stairwell painted. Our home was built in 1974 and it doesn't seem like the kitchen, hallway or stairwell had been painted since then. I'm not exaggerating. Unlike a bedroom or bathroom which can be closed off from the kids while they are home, our main living area cannot. So, we haven't attempted to paint them the entire time we've lived here. And, they needed a paint job desperately.
 
You should have seen the look on his face when I told him that's what I wanted for my birthday. I hated to do it to him, but at the same time, that's honestly all I wanted. He paused and cheerfully said "okay". I knew he was overwhelmed just thinking about it. Well, his dad and step mom came in to save the day once again!!! (This is not the first time they've come in and helped us paint.) The timing worked out perfectly. I had already had a visit planned to visit some friends out of town, so they came in while I was away with the kids and did it all in 2 days.  I am on cloud nine. It is amazing what a couple coats of paint can do for a room...and for the woman who lives in it!
 
Here is our kitchen before and after. The color doesn't look right on the screen, but you get the general idea.
 


 
Not only did Andy's parents drive from 2 hours away and commit 2 entire days to this gruesome task, I came home to all new stainless steel wall plates!!!  They look amazing. They made things look so put together and complete. As I entered our home, I immediately choked up. The love, thoughtfulness and sheer talent overwhelmed me. They are impeccable painters! We don't live in a palace, but I certainly feel like a queen in our fancied up home. Thanks again, Dad and Berta, for making my birthday so memorable! I love you both.
 
*I haven't taken pictures of the hallway and stairwell yet. But, it's a light green color called soft fern by Benjamin Moore. 

1 comment:

Lora said...

wow!! what a difference. it looks AMAZING, amy! i love the color, too. :)

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers