Friday, March 22, 2013

March Madness

While Joe was away with Gigi and GranRan, Daddy was away on a retreat with men from our church. After we put Annabelle to bed, Samuel and I were able to have a second date night in 2 weeks!

I grew up frequenting the Carrier Dome to cheer on either Syracuse football or basketball. My love for Syracuse sports goes deep. Since Andy would much rather play sports than watch them, I knew if our children were ever going to have an appreciation for March Madness it was going to come from me. So, Sam and I (and Rosie looking the other direction) made a night of watching the March Madness Tournament.

After the Olympics, Sam's only memorable reference to sports teams on TV was countries competing against other countries. It took quite awhile to understand that these were just different colleges. It was so cute. I couldn't help but pull out the US map and turn it into a geography lesson. He now understands.

We had such a great time. We ended up staying up way too late, but it was well worth it. Oh, how I love this kid and all of the moments we are able to spend together.

 
Rosie's view.
 


Samuel wanted Rosemary to be in her rocker so he could lay on the floor and put tons of pillows underneath him to be at the same angle as her and still be able to watch the game. Looks horribly uncomfortable, but he loved every second of it.



No comments:

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers