Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Mama Turns 31

This birthday was quite an interesting one. It wasn't all about me. And, it was perfect in every way. I woke up late to hear the fuss in the house that Samuel had just lost his first tooth! This was the biggest deal imaginable for the little guy. He had been waiting so long for this rite of passage and it had finally come. It wasn't even that loose the night before. Then I spent the day building Annabelle's new loft bed. Here she is in it for the first time.


Nothing could have made me happier than seeing them sleeping in their room together that night.


I wanted to bring the boys out to dinner with us for my birthday. GranRan and Gigi stayed home with the girls. They had never been to an Indian restaurant and I thought they'd really like it. They LOVED it. It was a very special time with us and just the boys.


Sweet Samoo with his missing tooth.


My mom gave me these pearl earrings and necklace 10 years ago for my 21st birthday. I thought it was only appropriate to wear them for my 31st :) Amazing how my life has changed in 10 years.


Gigi had the kids fill out reasons why they love mommy. These will be cherished forever. Joseph wanted help with the spelling of his words, but Samuel wanted to do it all by himself. So precious.


I was taken off guard as to how fast Samuel lost his tooth so I stayed up late making him a tooth pillow for when he woke up.


I am so abundantly blessed. My birthday was an incredible reminder of just what my life has become. It was not glamorous or fancy, but it was perfect. I was able to spend a simple day with my family, they celebrated me and I was able to share in all their joys. Nothing else makes me happier than when my family is happy. It's been a wonderful 31 years of God's grace and mercy.

No comments:

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers