Thursday, May 8, 2014

Late Night Tea Party

Andy took the boys to the park to play some baseball while I stayed home with the girls, which is a very common occurrence these days. (Our yard is too small for baseball, but we are so thankful we have so many fantastic parks so close to our house to enjoy).

While they were gone Annabelle and I decided it was a great night for a nice quiet tea party. So we played with Rosie a bit, did some other stuff and then put Rosie to bed. We got all set up and of course just as we are sitting down to enjoy our tea the boys come trampling home. We had a decision to make... warmly welcome them to join us or request that they let it be a girls only tea party that night.

When we noticed the smiles on their faces and saw how ecstatic they were that a tea party was about to start and they hadn't missed out, our decision was made. We told them they were more than welcome to join us, they just had to not be smelly and dirty :) So as cute as they possibly could be, they quietly went upstairs. They then came down hands and faces washed and completely dressed up in collared shirts and dress shorts! It was adorable. They were beaming - speaking so prime and proper to top it off. We got the extra tea and snacks all set up and laughed the evening away. We even found time to get through another chapter of Little Town on the Prairie.


I've retired to my room for the night to start a friend's second book that was just released yesterday, and I even just ordered myself my Mother's Day gift, a new sewing machine! It's quite simply an ideal way to end a wonderful evening.

The dishes didn't get done, a-gain, but I'm certain they will be patiently waiting for me in the morning. For now, I'm cherishing a rare, quiet and restful evening alone (Andy is out running with a friend) and thanking God for the gift of motherhood that not all who desire get to enjoy.


Is it possible I get to call them all mine?!

No comments:

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers