Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Best of Days

There are just those days in life that I never ever want to forget. In the grand scheme of things, there was very little noteworthy news to outsiders, but it was salve for this mama's weary soul. After a very full couple weeks of schooling, housework, errands, and a million other things, I was just craving a day to relax with my family.

Joe had an early baseball game this morning, so it forced us to be up and out the door by 8:40. This is not typically smiled upon by any of us, but we did it and once we were out the door, I was glad to have even more of the day ahead of us to just be together on such a beautiful day.

We stopped at Whole Foods on the way home from the game, then the boys went to the park to play some more baseball after Joe's game, the girls and I took a nap, we read, we played, we sang, we cooked out. Then after dinner the boys cleaned up and then did some building project together while Annabelle and I went to the fabric store, then had some frozen yogurt. Now Andy and I are off to watch a movie.

My life is simple, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I am so grateful that God has given me Andy and through us has created this precious little family to love and raise to serve Him.

***************

Some highlights of the day:

~ Watching Joseph and Rosie play together as I did the dishes. They were so content and just eating up the time together. Nothing was really different or unique about their interactions, but I was able to pause and cherish it a little more today.

~ My time out with Annabelle. She is growing up so fast. While she is still very much my child, she is becoming a friend. We laugh, we joke and we just get each other. I love just enjoying life with her.

~ Seeing Samuel and Joseph just love playing baseball together. They have really gotten into it at the same time and it brings my heart a lot of joy to see their friendship find new hobbies to share together. Plus, Andy loves playing with them, too.

No comments:

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers