Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over

With ice cream that is!!!

I do not like hot coffee! I think it tastes so gross. I will drink some fru-fru cold coffee drinks. But, I love me some coffee flavored ice cream. Strange, I know.

In Camp Lejeune, NC on base there was a convenient store that had an ice cream counter in it. They served a Starbuck's flavored ice cream called, Mud Pie. When I was pregnant and laboring with Samuel for the oh, 3 WEEKS, I had to have it ALL. THE. TIME. It was heavenly!

I hadn't had it in 22 months. My wonderful friend, Denise, got it for me at a store in Indianapolis. (Not to be confused with Denise, the wife of Patrick 'The Bishop'. I have two friends Denise and they both go to the same church we do).

We all joked that I might hate it now, because we all know how strange pregnancy cravings are, but let me tell you, It was even better than I had remembered! I can't believe I've gone this long without it. It's amazing how much I love this ice cream. It's such a simple concept, but boy does it make a girl happy!

I have tried to recently make it at home. It was very good, but after tasting the real thing, it does not hold a candle to it. You can go to starbucks.com and see if they carry this ice cream near you. It's very hard to find.

THANKS DENISE SO MUCH! You are such a great friend.

I wish I could figure out a way to get a weekly delivery. But, I suppose it's best for my waistline that I or someone else has to drive over 30 miles to get this ice cream. Why couldn't I be in love with apples?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I'm sorry I didn't try it when it was in my freezer!!!! Maybe we should have it for dessert at the small group party. We can send the boys on an icecream rode trip! :)
Your Friend,
The First Lady, Denise
(or the Bishop's wife)

Amy said...

I knew you'd regret it! I'm telling you girl, you missed out. And I was willing to share it too. Cause after I tasted it, I'm not so willing to share anymore :) haha.

Sending the boys on a road trip is a great idea. I'm worried though none would come back with them. They'd eat it all on the ride home!!!

Anonymous said...

someone needs to learn to spell ROAD. Isn't the Bishop's wife and educator? And yes--the Bishop would go on a road trip but he and the "cardinal" would pass it out to our flock.
how dare you both think such things of us...sinners.

Amy said...

I wouldn't go picking on anyone's grammar, Mister! You're no English scholar yourself!

Haha, is Andy now "The Cardinal?"

Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

how dare you judge the Biship! You are in danger of being expelled from... I'm not sure from what, but it's getting closer for you missy! I shall form a committee to decide your fate! And the Bishop has somebady else do his typing..i dictate!

DeniseR said...

You guys crack me up! I'm sure another delivery can be arranged~~ perhaps two cartons this time so all four of your highnesses can enjoy : )

Abbi said...

I don't like coffee either but I never have tried that icecream. I guess I should if I get a chance.

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers