Monday, December 15, 2008

Buckeye Balls

Jen over at The Sloan Chronicles hosted an online cookie exchange on Saturday. I'm posting a cookie recipe to add to the list over on her blog. So head over there to see all the other great recipes.

I'm really horrible at sharing recipes, because I eyeball everything. All of these measurements are estimates. You'll be able to tell what's needed since there's only 4 ingredients!

They look like buckeye nuts, that's where they got their name. If you're from Ohio, you know what these are I'm sure. This recipe is technically not the 'real deal' since I don't dip them in the cocoa. That takes entirely too much time, but that's the only difference.
Buckeye Balls

16 oz powered sugar
1/2 stick butter
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
mix together
roll into 3/4 inch balls, place in mini muffin cups
chill

melt cocoa squares with crisco or butter
pour cocoa over balls

chill

eat.
They are that simple. I promise. But, they are wonderful!

When I get around to it, I'll even add some pictures. We just made them this past weekend for a cookie exchange.

Hope you all are enjoying your Christmas season. We sure are.

No comments:

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers