Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Well, we've got one week of School Bus School under our belt and it's going great. We're only doing it Monday-Thursday because those are the days that the other Samuel is with us. So, a successful week of learning is a big thing we're thankful for.

We're also thankful that we're getting to celebrate GranRan's birthday this weekend with him. Samuel asked at dinner tonight what kind of birthday he was having. Wondering like if there was going to be a theme. Andy explained to him that grown ups don't have themes to their birthdays. He was not impressed. He was however bought back into the party idea after hearing there will be an ice cream cake! Smart kid.

Air conditioning. Enough said.

Our Volvo (hopefully) will be all fixed tomorrow so we can take it to MD. Free advice here, Volvos are awesome cars to look at and ride in, not awesome to own and maintain. We're looking at minivans, I know, I never thought I'd type that sentence in my ENTIRE life. (I am going to do a post soon, if I can remember, of sentences that I never thought I'd ever say). That would be a fun list.

Friends of ours are moving to Africa the first part of next year. That's not the part we're thankful about, though. They have to get ride of practically everything they own, so we've been offered practically anything we can see in their house that we need. We got a truck load of stuff last night that we're so excited about. We got lots of storage options, which we needed desperately. The school/play room made out great and I now have a MUCH cheaper (read free) option to the bakers rack that I had once wanted to go in the kitchen. Take note moms.

And, finally, I was able to get my hands on some of the pictures my aunt and I took at Ashley's wedding.

Oh, the bride and groom. I love them!

A totally random picture below, I know, but it's the first time I've ever had an updo. Shocking, but true. I had to document this occasion to have the proof.

I love this picture. It had been a really long time since we had seen each other. I had just had my first night away from him the night before because I stayed with Ashley at her parents house with her and Andy stayed at my grandparents with the kids. Reunions are the best.

Nana couldn't have been happier.

Gigi wanted to know if we got any pictures of the boys together in their cute outfits. We'll here you go. Our only ones. I'm so sorry!

One of our attempts at getting a family photo. Hopefully this makes up for the lack of the boys together.

And then he tries to escape.


He's saying 'cheese.' He can't possibly look at a camera now without say that. It's adorable.

Ah, what a great picture. I think I was five the last time we had one taken that we liked. My mom looks 29, I know! I'm going to start to look older than her after a few more babies :)

3 comments:

Lora said...

awesome pictures, amy! and you look so beautiful! pink is your color...
:)
lora

Teal said...

That picture of the four of you is GORGEOUS!!!! You all look so great and the boys of course are precious!!! I am so glad we are able to keep up through our blogs!!

Jennifer said...

What wonderful pictures!!! It looks like you all had a great time!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers