Monday, September 13, 2010

My Love Language

Recently I have had two friends give me some fabric and you would have thought they had told me they were paying off our mortgage. I was ecstatic. I never really would have said my love language is gifts, but now I'm realizing that's not entirely true. I have always been an acts of service kinda girl with words of affirmation a close second, but things are changing...

A dear friend just gave me a charm pack from Moda fabrics for my birthday. It's the newest line by American Jane: Punctuation



And awhile ago another dear friend gave me these fabrics:

This one in brown:



Thanks sweet friends for your thoughtfulness and encouraging me to pursue a great love of mine. It's been too long since I've sat down at the machine. I cannot wait to make something and now I have some great motivation.

What's your love language?

3 comments:

Lora said...

you know i love fabric too! i think part of it is all the promise and spark of creativity that comes along with holding a new piece of fabric. you know, immediately saying to yourself, "Now, what can I make with this?!!"
i love that tree print, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Ummm...I love this fabric. For real. Love it. I'm just starting to sew some curtians for the baby's room and our new house...we need curtians everywhere. My sister always gives me her old fabric and I also feel an overwhelming glee when I get free frabric. Especially from people with good taste! :) sarah

Amy said...

Isn't it great?!? Now what to do with it???? Do you have any ideas, Sarah?

Free fabric is AWESOME :)

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers