Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Parenting 3 kids is hard work! (Duh!)

What makes it bearable even in the darkest of days are those encouraging friends and family members constantly reminding me to keep the course, brainstorming with me new ideas to try and lifting our family up to our Lord, the best parent of all!


We have had some really tough days lately. Days where we wonder if we will ever see progress made in any area of our lives, with us and with the kids.


When we felt like we would never have breakthrough in a certain area, alas, it comes!

3 other moms and I have started a little co-op for our children. Some of us are planning on continuing to homeschool and others are not. But, we have gathered our gifts, pooled them together and are organizing different lessons each week that will hit on more creative areas that each mom might not be focusing on with her own children. It has been a blast.

I am so thankful for my friends, men and women, who are teaching my boys in the areas God has gifted them, not just in our co-op but all of our family and friends. You all are gifted in ways, I definitely am not. The boys' eyes are being opened to new things and their hearts are continuing to be softened to the things of God.

And what makes it all worth it, is that I get to have a front row seat to watch these masterpieces in the making!

2 comments:

Meg said...

I am praying that the fruit for you standing firm on those tough days will be a testimony to God's greatness in you (and his grace and mercy). That fruit will be SO sweet!
We're thankful with you for co-op!

Patrick said...

We are so very thankful for you five! What a blessing to spend time together. LOVE your blog. I read so many other entries for fun last night. So looking forward to this coming week!
CL (not Patrick!)

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers