Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Blueberry Picking

It's one of the highlights of my year!

Blueberry picking is so easy and fun. There are no thorns and the trees are perfect height. You don't need a ladder and you aren't bending down the whole time. And with the berries not being sprayed you can even eat a few while you're picking. Great motivation for the littles. The babies just hang out under the trees and wait for some to drop.

Each year I need to pick more due to the size of our family growing as a whole in number, but also because each kid is consuming more each year too.

But, with each new year the older kids are able to pick more than the last. It's become quite a team effort. When we've got berries in March, they will start to understand just how well hard work can pay off!

Apparently he thinks I've worked him a little too hard. Or possibly that he's waiting for one to fall into his mouth!



YUM!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We love blueberries, too! My parents habe about 10 bushes in their backyard and we usually get lots and lots of berries. This year, the birds have gotten particularly greedy! UGH!!

BTW, your photography skills are looking good, lady! Have you been practicing??

Amy said...

So jealous of the blueberry bushes!

In fact I have been practicing my photography skills :) You're so sweet! I did cheat though and borrowed a friends super nice camera for Annabelle's first birthday. So, the cake pops, and all of her birthday pictures look especially nice since I didn't use my camera!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers