Thursday, December 13, 2012

Braided Rag Rug

I've cut what I think might be all or most of the fabric for the rug and have started braiding it. It's been really fun. You see results quickly which is encouraging to this 41 week pregnant mama. I've needed something to keep my mind off of the fact that we are still waiting on her arrival.

I'm making it quite light in color. The new flooring is quite dark so I'd like to balance it out with a light rug. I'm doing 2 strands of off-white and one strand of color in some parts and then 1 strand of off-white with 2 strands of color in other areas, but all pretty much pastels. All the furniture in the school room is painted white, so hopefully it will go well together.

2 comments:

Lora said...

the earrings look cute on you, friend!! :) praying for you earnestly in these waiting days! hugs, lora

Amy said...

I LOVE them! If I'm wearing earrings, they are the ones :)

So thankful for your friendship, Lora. Thanks for the prayers!!!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers