Wednesday, December 5, 2012

School Room: Complete!

In typical Andy fashion he finished at the 11th hour and it looks amazing! Never in my life have I seen someone work as well under pressure as this man! I'm so pleased with the result. As tempting as it was to stress about it all, it was such a joy to watch him work. He just loved figuring everything out and working into the wee hours of the morning finishing. He has learned so much doing this.

Now our precious little one can be born into a warm home with no cold drafts, thanks to Daddy!


Andy spent so much time at Lowe's the past 2+ weeks that he became such good friends with one of the workers there, that this worker let Andy borrow his miter saw.


Daddy's work space... our kitchen table!



Oma came in and saved the day! She came today, brought us lunch and dinner and painted the entire room! Then helped us get all of our Christmas decorations out because we can start decorating now that the living room will be less crowded. She had some cans left over from projects around their house and one of the cans of paint was almost exactly the paint we already had in the room. It just looks amazing. Such a blessing.



Andy is moving the furniture back in the room as I type. He still has some transition pieces to lay down and officially kill the electricity in the old electric heater, but nothing is stopping us from moving everything back in.

I am now mildly obsessed with making a braided rug for the room. I've been researching them and they are so expensive. I could literally make it for free, but it will just take lots of time. Coincidentally, I will have LOTS of idle time sitting on the couch once this baby is born. I think I just might give it a whirl!

Woohoo! Exciting times!

1 comment:

Briana said...

Wow! Looks great! Excited to see the braided rug if you do it-- I've been working on one for Jack's bedroom. Fun but definitely time consuming :)

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers