Saturday, April 20, 2013

Rosemary - 18 Weeks

A dress I made for Annabelle now fits Rosemary. It's so nice to see stuff that I made be used again.  It's been quite awhile since I've done any sewing, but pulling out of storage the baby clothes of Annabelle's that I made makes me want to make more. I struggle with already having so much on my plate. How do I add yet another "want" when the needs are so pressing?

I know how good it is for me to create and continue to invest in myself, but it's hard to justify it most days when there are so many pressing issues. When I think about it, it seems so superficial to sit down at a machine and sew a dress for my daughter when I could easily go and buy one for probably cheaper than it cost to make one. And then during that time I could have been chipping away at a number of other things that actually matter in the scheme of life. Oh, the struggles of a mom...





No comments:

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers