Friday, November 30, 2007

100 Days Left

I am uploading all of the November pictures of Samuel to our shutterfly account today and found some cute ones of the past week so I thought I'd come on here and post them.

While I was at it, I thought I'd check on the countdown to baby Joseph's arrival. Much to my surprise, there are only 100 days left! I will be the first to admit, I am no longer a due date fanatic. Samuel's due date was set for July 9 and he didn't show up until July 17 and was no where near 'overdue.' He was 7lbs 1oz and neither of us had any signs of being too far along. But, I have to admit, that 100 days left is sure an exciting day to celebrate! Tomorrow I will be down to double digits!!!

With Samuel to take care of, the months have flown by. I can only imagine what the next 3 months have in store. We are so excited for the arrival of Joseph and for the chance to attempt a homebirth. There are a few reasons why we would have to transport to deliver in a hospital, but as of right now, I do not have any of those signs or symptoms. So, please pray for everything to continue to go smoothly. But, most importantly, please pray that we continue to seek the Lord in all of our decisions.

But, for now, enjoy our latest Eckert Escapades:

Samuel loves my headband. He tries so hard to get it to stay on. And with a little help from mommy he gets it 'just right.'


We surprised Daddy at work yesterday for lunch. We hadn't been to his office yet, and since he left his lunch at home, we thought it would be a great day to surprise him and bring it to him. Samuel had a great time exploring his office and stealing the hearts of all the women in the office.

To celebrate the 32 degree weather yesterday I thought it was only appropriate to make some baked potato soup. Winter = Soup, soup and more soup!!!

5 comments:

Pam and Anders said...

He gets cuter everyday, can't wait to see the next bundle! :)

Gina Witcher / Runnermom4 said...

Wow, that soup looks really good. Do you have alot of good recipes? You should post them on your blog. I would love to try some.

Abbi said...

That soup looks very good!
I totally agree about not counting to much on due dates. With my first baby (and 2nd) I ended up feeling really tired and wondering if they were going to ever show up when I went a week over. After that I have really worked to not care. My 3rd one ended up coming early.

The Amazing Trips said...

Congratulations on your upcoming arrival and my absolute best wishes and prayers for a successful home birth.

Since other people might be wondering the same thing, I posted a response to the questions you posed re: the nursing bra/breast pad questions.

Take care & enjoy the great due date countdown!

Lora said...

amy- that soup looks so good! could you post the recipe? i'd love to make it. i am praying for your pregnancy too!
lora

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers