Thursday, November 1, 2007

Hospital To Home

We have decided through much prayer, research, interviews with doctors, midwives, nurses, and other women who have had home births, that our very best bet of having the birth we want for Joseph will be to give birth to him outside of a hospital. We will be delivering him in our home with a certified nurse midwife and a certified nurse in attendance. We feel very strongly about this decision and hope that we can answer any questions anyone might have. Please feel free to ask any questions you'd like. We encourage the discussion.

We believe we are making this decision in faith and have been lead to our decision only after much conversation with the Lord.

Due to the fact that so little of you out there are unfamiliar with home births I have decided to start a blog giving resources to help those of you who care to learn more about it and why this issue is so near and dear to our hearts. I do not want to bog down this site with the issue, so I have reserved the other blog specifically for that reason. I will go into much great detail there as to why we feel that giving birth at home is our best option.

We pray that this will be a learning and growing experience for us all.

You can view my blog at: www.hospitaltohome.blogspot.com, as well as clicking on our profile on the right and finding it through there.

4 comments:

Paul & Angela Jenkins said...

Good for you guys. You should have the delivery that you want. It's not surprising to me but then again that may be b/c it's not uncommon in NC. Either way I hope no one is negative to you and they understand that your decisions are between your family and God. I'm sure you'll keep us informed.

Patience Leino said...

Thanks for letting us know how to more specifically pray as Joseph's arrival draws nearer. Exciting days lay ahead! Love you, girl!

And again, thnk you for coming to Raleigh in August. You'll never know how deeply that touched my heart.

::Patience

julie said...

I think that is a wonderful decision that you two have made! Homebirths are such a beautiful way for a baby to enter the world. I know if I do ever have a third baby I hope that I would have the courage to have a homebirth. A friend of mine is getting ready to have her second homebirth. If you would like to talk to her let me know and I can give you her email address.

Lora said...

hi amy - i have several friends who've had homebirths and they said it was amazing. i even have a friend who had a homebirth with twins! let me know if you want their emails to ask questions or anything. take care, lora

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers