Monday, December 3, 2007

Monday is Weekend Recap Day!

Please take note, I beat Andy at something! We played Mancala this weekend and I crushed him. At one game at least. I take just a tad bit of pride in this, because, well, he's good at EVERYTHING. I rarely beat him at anything. We played best out of 9 and he came out on top 5-4, but if we were counting by points, I would have won, so I don't know, let's consider it a tie :)

Bagels have been on the baking request list for quite some time. And this weekend I finally bit the bullet and made them. They were initially intimidating to make, not sure why, but I have avoided making them. I made no promises as to their taste, but surprisingly enough, they were delicious! We made cinnamon raisin, plain wheat, chocolate chip, parmesan/oregano/crushed red pepper, and blueberry. I have committed to making everything with whole wheat flour and honey instead of sugar, so I don't feel quite as bad baking so much.

Samuel has loved helping out with baking lately. But, he especially likes the taste testing!

And, in the world of baby Joseph, I have hit my 3rd trimester (26 weeks completed)! I have 97 days until I'm 40 weeks. Double digits, I can hardly believe it. Here's a not so great picture. The shirt I was wearing was not very belly revealing, so you get the fleshy, non-facial version of it all! The no face included might have also had something to do with the fact that I was having a horrible hair day yesterday :) But, when you hit 26 weeks, it's a time to celebrate, bad hair day or not!

I'm still feeling wonderful. Please continue to pray. I also have two blogging buddies that are pregnant too. So, while you're praying about my little bean, keep them in your prayers as well. Jackie, my good friend from high school, and Jennifer, an internet friend from NC. These miracles need as much prayer as we can give them.

And I just can't talk about friends being pregnant without mentioning a friend who just had her baby boy, Arden. He is absolutely adorable! Go see more pictures to get your baby fix!

Since I've had quite a few requests lately for posting some recipes, I am going to start posting some of my recipes so you all can try them out.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Amy, you look great...and your bagel do , too! Can't wait to borrow some of your recipes. I love to bake! Most of all thanks for the prayers!

Abbi said...

The bagels look yummy.I tried making bagels once and I am afraid they didn't look nearly like that. I think something went majorly wrong! Did you use totally whole wheat? I use nearly all whole wheat in what I make but usually put in a little white flour too. I am working to get rid of the white more and more. So far nobody is complaining.
I can relate to your game story. Ken wins games we play most of the time. And if it isn't a game he wins at he usually doesn't want to play it. :-)

Pam and Anders said...

You have had the fastest pregnancy in history!! I'm sure it doesn't feel that way to you, but WOW! I can't believe you're in the third trimester! Congrats, that is a great feeling! You look great.

Anonymous said...

Amy, I totally need to talk to you about bagel-making. Matt *loves* bagels, but they're one thing that I haven't attempted yet.

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers