Monday, December 10, 2007

The Scenic Route

I sometimes get discouraged about how far we live from the closest town. A few days ago it really got to me. It took much longer to get ready to get out of the house than I had wanted and I knew the trip into town was going to be a long one. I just wanted for once to 'run' to the store and it take less than 2 hours!

In reality we are not that far. It takes us 20-25 minutes to get to most everything. Our town doesn't have much, but it has just about everything we need. We have had an offer that we can move into a home right in town if we want to, and while it seems tempting some days, when push comes to shove, we really don't want to. We love living here on the farm. We love being in the midst of all of the beautiful creation God has designed for our enjoyment. And we love not having to drive somewhere to go on a hike. We especially love that Gamba has 80 acres to run through without the fear of being hit by a car. It sure makes up for his loneliness.

Most days I dream of all of the things that I could have done if I didn't have such a long commute back and forth to town. But, the reality of it is, I love those drives! Those times in the car are priceless to both Samuel and me. We see more farm animals than most people see in months. 9 out of 10 times I end up pulling off to the side of the road somewhere to get a longer look at some animals and to let Samuel practice what sound they make. I honestly can't even count the number of farms and animals we pass on our way into town. We see cows, bulls, goats, sheep, chickens and many horses.

That day I was determined that I was going to stop complaining about our commute and be thankful for all that we have been given. So what if we can't 'run' to the store. We are so blessed by what we have been given.

I chose to take my camera with me as I headed into town to capture some of these beautiful views we see on a daily basis. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I didn't even have to leave my car to take these shots.







1 comment:

Gina Witcher / Runnermom4 said...

Wow, that is breathtaking. We live a little ways outside of town and see lots of farm animals, but we definitely have not had any snow. It was 80 degrees here today. You know I love warm weather... but not in December!! What a blessing to live where you live. I understand your dilemma with wanting to live near town but loving the nature. I love running out on country roads where there are scattered houses.

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers