Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Leaves Are Falling

The leaves have significantly started falling today. We're so excited. Samuel and I got out and started raking immediately. It's been such a beautiful fall here in VA. The weather has been wonderful. But, most importantly, NO BUGS!

While Poppa Bear was visiting this past weekend, he nicknamed Joseph '7 Pound Eyes.' We got a kick out of it all weekend. We had a great trip. Berta, Andy's stepmom, couldn't come. We sure missed her!

Joe showing off his skills.

At Carter Mountain Orchard, for their harvest festival. They had an unbelievable view of all of Charlottesville. We just still can't get over how gorgeous the Charlottesville area is. We couldn't have dreamed up of a better town to live in.

Our first fire in our outdoor fireplace.

Poppa Bear and Joe coming in from their Sunday morning hike. Joe slept the entire way. Andy and his dad took the boys so I could make a nice Sunday breakfast. It was wonderful to cook the morning away with the house all to myself. We had a big breakfast casserole with some oat muffins and some freshly juiced apple juice. A great fall feast.

Joe's fat face! Don't let it kid you. He's a beanpole.

This kid is strange. Look what he can do with his fingers. He can put his ring finger over his pinkie finger without using his other hand. I couldn't even dream of doing that. Which of you grandparents can do that, because neither Andy nor I can do that? We even noticed he's double jointed in his wrist, he was like snapping it the other day at the dinner table. We begged him to do it again, but he was too embarrassed, so he wouldn't. I think he thought he was doing something wrong. I'm sure we'll see it again.

And then some pictures of Samuel outside playing this morning in the leaves.

***There are a million more where that came from Nana and Gigi. I will try and post the first half of October pictures to the account today.




I simply cannot get enough of this kid! He's addictive.

And then here are some of our mums that we got from Gigi and GranRan.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow Gigi and GranRan! Rest up! Mommy and Daddy want to go on a date :)

5 comments:

glenna said...

Hey Eckerts! I have been peeking at your blog for a while.

Your family looks beautiful! I miss seeing all of you. But VA. looks wonderful.

Those babies sure have grown and are thriving.

take care, glenna <><

Anonymous said...

Gigi can put her ring finger over her pinkie with no problem!!

Jennifer said...

I can do the finger thing, too (but Matt can't)! I didn't know everyone else couldn't! Samuel is one cool kid!

Amy said...

Glenna - Glad you found our blog.

Gigi - SO proud of you for posting a comment. You are so high tech!!!

Jen - I think it's a hereditary thing.

Mystery solved: Andy CAN cross his ring finger over his pinkie. It was Aunt Julie and me who discovered he could do it and she couldn't do it and neither could I. We were both pretty sure Andy couldn't either.

But since posting, now we know that Andy can do it and so can his mom and so can my mom.

Who's more strange, those who can or those who can't? Not sure :)

Lora said...

i love the fall too! thank you so much for your prayers, amy! that means so much to me! lora

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers