Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thankful Thursday

A habit that Samuel and I got into when we did our nightly routine was to thank God for 5 things we are thankful for. Since Joseph arrived Andy has taken over Samuel's nightly routine. I miss that time a lot with him.

With Thanksgiving on the mind, I thought it would be nice to initiate a deliberate day each week to be thankful and not just on the 4th Thursday in November. So, we are going to introduce 'Thankful Thursday' to The Eckert Escapades.

We think it will be a great way for us to be able to reflect on all of the things we seem to take for granted so often and just give us a time to reflect on the past week and marvel at what God is doing.

Things each of us are thankful for particularly this week:
~Andy is thankful for all of the ways that God is challenging our perspective on things and challenging us to grow in different areas.

~Amy is thankful for all of our needs being met and even many of our wants!

~Samuel is thankful for the falling leaves, pumpkins, his brother, balls and trains.

~Joe Joe is thankful for warm clothes.

~We ALL are thankful for God providing a way out of Andy having to deploy again. Tomorrow (Nov 1) would have been the day that he would have had to report, and we would have not seen him for an entire year! I just simply cannot imagine...
Please feel free to add the things you are thankful for in the comments section!

5 comments:

Jess said...

What a wonderful idea Amy! I loved reading what Sam is thankful for-so cute! We're rejoicing with you that Andy is able to stay home with your family :) We all have so much to be thankful for!!

Pam and Anders said...

I second the thankfulness (is that a word??) of Andy being able to stay at home. What a blessing!

Jennifer said...

Great idea. Check out my post from last night www.sloanchronicles.blogspot.com for things I am thankful for!

Alysonsbabybump said...

Great idea! I am thankful for this beautiful baby growing inside me. I am thankful for also having a husband who wont deploy. God works in great ways, so thankful andy is home for baby Joe's firsts.

Gina Witcher / Runnermom4 said...

I am Thankful for my kids, my husband, health, the hope of the future, and friends I have met in the blogging world that continue to encourage me with their lives.

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers