Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Making Art of Our Own

Not having a camera is rough. I mean, I knew it would be rough, but it's R-O-U-G-H! My mom has come to the rescue and is getting us a camera for Christmas and letting us open it early. Ah... parents, they are wonderful! It helps to have adorable kids that they miss seeing pictures of :)

We have a big wall above our entertainment center which currently has nothing on it. We're gonna change that pretty soon!

The other night I stepped out of the house for a bit to get some alone time, I headed to Michael's. That place just makes me happy. All the worries of the world just disappear when I'm there.

While I was there I had a great idea...

I had some leftover money from my Mom for my birthday and I decided to spend it on a picture frame and a sheet of painting paper. We are going to do a family painting and hang it up in our living room.

We found a gorgeous painting we are all excited to paint and last night we sketched it on the paper. We're going to do a little bit at a time, and hopefully in a week or so, we'll have a gorgeous new piece of artwork for our home.

The neat thing about it is we'll be able to change up the picture whenever we want. As the boys get older, I'm sure it will become quite a fun tradition.

I can't wait for the end result. Hopefully by then we'll have our camera so I can show you it too.

Here's the picture we are going to draw.

2 comments:

Alana said...

that should be very fun. it is always great to create your own art and decorations. can't wait to see it!

noahandlylasmommi said...

What a great idea! I love Michael's too!! We dont have a camera either so I feel your pain. I told my husband that is what I want for Christmas. Maybe I can talk him into giving it to me early :)

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers