Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Creative Mama Bird

I've been reminded that I haven't shared a fun story with our blogging friends...

Andy found a stick in the bathroom while he was in there with the boys and went to throw it outside. We didn't think much of it, because, DUH, we have two boys that are obsessed with sticks and anything of the sort, but it was too small of a stick for them to be interested in it, so I started getting curious... there was just one thing I knew that would love that stick, a bird!

We keep our bathroom window open on hot days and it doesn't have a screen... do you see where I'm going with this?

A bird had been flying into our bathroom all day and making a nest in the top of our towels on the rack. As Andy was in there looking at it, the bird flew right into the bathroom, saw everyone and flew right out.

I shut the window and the next morning I opened it back up and within two minutes the bird was back. Poor thing had spent so long making that nest, she was not going to just forget about it.

Not knowing really what to do since I knew they wouldn't touch it if we handled it, I just dropped it out our window onto the ground while holding it in two towels.

I love having Samuel tell this story to people since they think he's not telling the truth, but then I say, "no, really, he's not lying. There really was a nest in our bathroom!"

What a creative mama. She thought she found such a safe and quiet place to lay her eggs. Too bad our house is neither of those things.



And yes, I'm definitely blogging when I should be packing.

2 comments:

Alana said...

oh my word. that is awesome.

Lora said...

that is so funny! its neat how all mamas are looking out for their little ones...

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers