Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Quilting For Peace

I just found out about this book through a crafting blog I follow.

It's fantastic!

When I lived in North Carolina our quilting guild that I was a part of sewed baby blankets for babies in the nearby area that were born with drug addictions. I had never felt so inspired when I was crafting than when I was sewing those baby quilts.

Since then I haven't found another group that does something similar.

I'm so inspired to find this and have some fresh motivation to sew!

It has 25 different ways you can use your sewing to help people all around the world.

The Lord has clearly given me a gift and a desire for crafting, especially sewing and he requires that I use those gifts to benefit others. What a great way to bless with my talents.

Let the sewing begin :)

2 comments:

Lora said...

that's so awesome! thanks for the link, amy. God loves your servant's heart! its really amazing..
lora

noahandlylasmommi said...

That is so neat. I wish I knew how to sew!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers