Thursday, May 27, 2010

Annabelle's Room

If you were to have taken a walk around our home just 2 days ago we would have had to do some serious convincing that there is a baby girl on her way. But look at what a day will do...

A friend came by this morning and helped me set up her crib (which was Andy's when he was a baby) and then another friend stopped by and dropped off the changing table. I cleared out all of the other junk in her room, got all of the diapers out and put her clothes away.

There are still a few things I'd like to do, who knows if they'll ever get done, but as of right now I feel totally content with her coming. Such a far cry from what I was saying a couple days ago.

I was in so much pain a couple days ago I was seriously worried I wouldn't make it much longer. But with several different methods of treatment, Annabelle is now laying with her head where it needs to be and my pain is now bareable. (She was head down, but her head was sitting on my right pelvic bone and making my sciatic nerve go crazy). Now, all I have is the typical lower back pain, which is nothing compared to the previous pain.

Things I'd like to do in her room:
* Paint the FREE dresser and nightstand... not sure what color.
* Lower her mobile.
* Make a girly valance for the window.
* Have my mom do a painting for the left side of her window.
* Paint/glue fabric on 3 tiny bird houses I got that are girly.
* Get new crib sheets.
* Find our old crib dust ruffle and put it on.

I know it's not very girly, but I love it!

In other news:
* The birth pool and birth ball are blown up.
* I have all of my Bible verses, music and motivating pictures ready for the labor.
* I picked out her first outfit.
* All of the birthing supplies are together and ready to be used!

Wow, 17 days before her due date. You know that now it's all done, she'll be late :)

3 comments:

Bergstroms said...

So adorable! Can't wait to see your little girl. Prepare to melt :)

Penny Lane said...

I Love It!!

Lora said...

oh my goodness! i totally love it!!! for real - it's amazing. i love the trees on the wall and the birds over the window. so whimsical and fun...
praying for you!
lora

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers