Sunday, May 30, 2010

Many Parts, One Body

I've said it before, but I'm just not super obsessed with little girl clothes. But, there is one brand that I'm just in LOVE with. I haven't found a single item that they sell that I do not like! It's called Tea Collection.

A dear friend gave these two outfits to me for Annabelle. Could they get any cuter?!


My friend apologized as she was giving them to me that she wasn't able to hand make her something since she knows how much I like handmade stuff.

It really got me thinking... I love handmade stuff, but that's because I love to make it. I know that others are gifted in various different ways and hand making gifts is not for everyone. I've never wanted to give the impression that handmade gifts are superior to other gifts at all and when she said that, it was quite convicting. I must have given her that impression.

It reminded me of the passage in 1 Corinthians 12:14-20
Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body.
This friend is such an amazing woman with so many talents that I could never dream of possessing. God has gifted her in so many ways that are far superior to my simple sewing abilities.

With those outfits that she gave, she felt as though she wasn't giving a 'great' gift, but little did she know that I have always wanted to buy an outfit from that line for Annabelle, but we just could never afford it. She was able to bless our family in a way that we never could. Her act of kindness and thoughtfulness was, to her small, but to me spoke volumes.

I've gotten comments like that before about how a woman wishes she could sew, or something else that I like to do and sometimes it just baffles me. Because the same woman that will say something like that is so gifted in an area that is beyond my comprehension and I wish I could do what she does! I get so critical of myself at times and wish I was better at X, Y or Z, or looked like another woman I know.

So, I guess all of that to say... Women, cherish your gifts and use them to serve the Lord and others. Don't wish you were someone else with other talents. God designed you exactly how He wanted to and He is so pleased with you... you are a daugther of the KING!

No comments:

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers