Friday, November 16, 2012

Celebrating New Life

Seeing as though this is #4, and we've had a girl and 2 boys already, when a friend asked if I was interested in a shower, I said no. So, when Andy told me to be ready by 2pm on Saturday and a friend came and picked me up, I had literally no idea what in the world was going on. She drove to a good friend of ours home and told me we were going to a shower! I literally just thought of our friend, Aimee, pictured below. But, then I thought, why would this have been a surprise for me. I was clueless!

It was such a joy to have so many friends together to celebrate these two precious lives that are about to enter this world. Aimee is pregnant with #3, and due towards the end of December with a boy, who they are naming Joseph.



This is my fourth baby and I've never had a diaper cake before. The boys were so confused when I came home with it. They were appalled and asked if they had to eat it.. Haha!


We got lots of diapers, wipes, lotions, soaps, books and a few super cute outfits. The diapers are such a blessing since I don't use cloth diapers full-time for the first month or so.


Then on Tuesday, because I had no idea Saturday was happening, I had planned for some very close friends to come over to pray for the labor and delivery and specific prayer requests I have. Since it was a different focus, they all wanted to keep our original plan as scheduled. They all brought verses of Scripture to encourage me during these intense last weeks of pregnancy and the delivery. A friend made these beautiful cupcakes and we had tea and cookies. It was such a joy to be able to share what's on my heart and know these friends are so passionate about bringing me and my family before God in prayer.


I am so blessed to have friends that celebrate number 4 like it's number 1. Every life is a miracle from God no matter how many other children have come into a family before them.

1 comment:

Lora said...

so happy you were "showered" upon! :) you deserve every bit of love and attention, my friend! :) so excited for you and this new little one! hugs, lora

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers