Thursday, November 15, 2012

November Happenings

Gigi was able to squeeze in one more visit before Thanksgiving, and most likely the last visit before the birth (unless this creature decided to be super late, and then I'll probably beg her to come again). I needed back up pretty bad. She took care of the kids while I ran around town doing what I hope to be the last of my errands for awhile. She kept the kids busy with some fun outings and adorable crafts. What an angel she is in my life.




This is what it looks like seconds after Andy walks in the door most nights.


Andy snapped this adorable picture of Annabelle one night they were all playing outside together.


And here was the state of our home before Andy's mom came. A pile of clothes on their school table about 5 or so loads of clean laundry high. But, looking on the bright side, the clothes were clean, the pile is no longer there and it was especially helpful getting to our shrinking countdown chain for baby's arrival. I just adore this picture. It speaks a thousand words to me.


Andy is right in the middle of his busy season and needing to go into work on Saturdays. So, when a friend mentioned "Superhero Saturday" we were of course game! All you need is to be under 12 years old and in a superhero costume and you get free frozen yogurt. The kids woke up and immediately got dressed in their superhero costumes and waited patiently until I finally gave in around 11:30am to take them. They say it's going to be the second Saturday of each month. This will certainly be a monthly ritual in our home if they have anything to say about it. I have no objections.


Election night maps we were coloring in as we were watching the polls come in. I was too depressed the next morning to continue any lessons on the election, so here they sit unfinished.


The boys dropped off their boxes for Operation Christmas Child and much to their dismay, I forgot to take a picture of them with their boxes. So, here is Samuel with the sticker he got when we turned them in.


Annabelle is constantly sitting next to me on the couch with a pillow behind her back like I do. She asks "Mama, do girls always have pillows behind their backs when they sit on the couch?" She wants to know exactly what is and isn't appropriate girl behavior. I just love having a daughter!


2 comments:

alana said...

i love that photo of andy with the kids! that is priceless. we can definitely relate!

i didn't know you were preggo with #4--congrats!!!!!

Amy said...

Thanks, Alana!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers