Monday, November 19, 2012

Quilts for Uganda

We were able to ship off our second batch of quilts to Uganda. Our first shipment was 33 quilts and blankets and this one was 25. My goal when I set out was 50 quilts total. So, I've exceeded my goal with a total 58 quilts!

Here's a photo before we vacuum sealed them:


And one after:

29 1/2 pounds of love to children who desperately need it.

It's been a long journey (I decided to do this in January 2010), but such a beautiful experience. For this shipment we were able to send them to a close friend who is living in Uganda right now caring for children. So, she will be able to hand deliver these quilts to those in need.

Thank you so much to those of you who have made this possible.

No comments:

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers