Sunday, June 8, 2008

And, He's Off!

Andy had his last day of work here in Indiana on Friday. They had a party for him at the office. It's sad to see this part of our lives coming to such an abrupt close. It's not Martinsville we will miss, though, it's the people. And fortunately, we will be able to keep in touch! But, at the same time we are very excited about what's to come.

We dropped Andy off at the airport way before the sun came up this morning so he could catch his flight to Kansas City, Missouri. He'll be there till Friday for training and then come home and head to Lynchburg, VA for another week of training. It's going to be a crazy couple of weeks without him and having to pack for our trip. But, it will sure be an adventure!

He hadn't been gone for 20 minutes and we already had our first escapade. Since our entire town is flooded no grocery store is open, so on the way home from Indy I realized I should probably stop and get some essentials, since it doesn't look like anything will be open anytime soon, and they're calling for more rain. So, we find a 24 hour grocery store and I load the boys in the cart. I should have had my camera, it was hilarious. So here we are at 5:30 am and I'm grocery shopping with two babies. Samuel had on just a diaper and a pair of shorts. Andy had literally moved him from his crib to his car seat. I didn't have a wrap for Joseph, since I didn't think we would be going anywhere. We have a portable car seat carrier that I leave in the trunk for stuff like this. His real car seat is one of those that you cannot unhook from the base. So, I keep this other one in there just for times like these. So, Samuel was sitting in the grocery cart seat with his blanket wrapped around his shoulders and Joseph was in his portable car seat in the basket part of the grocery chart with groceries all around him. I guess it doesn't seem all that funny when I try to explain, but let me tell you, we were a site to see!

Andy took a self portrait at 4:15 am this morning of his freshly cut hair. He ended up having to cut it himself because of course he couldn't find a barber that was open in town. He use to cut it himself, but he wanted to guarantee it would look good for the next 2 weeks and he wasn't sure how well he would do since it had been so long. He did a great job, and didn't mess up a bit!

*Thanks Mike for letting us use your clippers! Not sure how we would have managed without them!*

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We'll be praying for you all!!

DeniseR said...

I hope you'll let me know what I can do to help you while Andy is gone. I can't believe that in a few weeks I'll be checking your blog to see what the Eckerts are doing in a different state~~ this is just too many good-byes in one month!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers