Monday, June 16, 2008

The Countdown Begins

Andy made it to Virginia. And he is now the proud owner of the keys to our new home! He called me as he was walking through the house explaining it all. (And YES, we have cell phone reception in our home. YIPPEE!!!) He said it's even better than we thought. We are just beyond excited about it.

The downstairs tenant is really nice AND she has a dog!!! Gamba has been lost without his brother, Lutalo, since he died 14 months ago and here at the Honey Farm they have a dog that Gamba just gets along with great. They have been great for each other. We were worried about Gamba in the next place because on top of not having 80 acres to run around he wouldn't have another dog to hang out with. Well, he does now! Hi name is Henny. Hopefully they will get along great. I'm sure they will.

One of the things I'm going to miss a great deal about the farm is the opportunity to have such a large garden. Especially with this huge tomato issue now, I'm not looking forward to buying tomatoes this summer. So, I am going to do all I can to try and plant some tomato plants as soon as we get there. I'm hoping some places will still be selling them. Even if we have to put them in pots and only have a couple plants, it will still be worth it. Summer is just not summer anymore in my book without fresh garden tomatoes.

I am just so excited for the next phase of our life. We still have a lot to do between now and next Monday morning when we start our drive. I already can't sleep because I'm so excited, and I'm sure it's not going to get any better as we get even closer to next Monday.

It gets better. Andy says there is a Chipotle near our house!!! I'm obsessed with that place.

Oh and there's a built in sandbox off of our patio. Sam's gonna go nuts!

Off to pack :)

1 comment:

Pam and Anders said...

Sounds like everything is going well!! I'm glad you found a good place to live!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers