Thursday, June 5, 2008

Packing Day #1

For a week or so I've been thinking about packing. But, yesterday I actually started to do it. I had fun. I took off all the things off the walls and picture frames off of dressers and tables. It looks like I did much more than I actually did, so it feels good. I'm going to go to the knick knacks next. Just getting all that 'clutter' packed up allows my mind to get down to the big stuff.

Life is going at an incredibly fast pace, but we are accomplishing a lot. It worked out great that once Joseph hit his 3 month mark he really settled down in life here on earth and is more independent than he once was. Packing with a baby in a wrap is not the most comfortable thing. Luckily, he's allowed me to put him down and watch me as I pack. I wish I had his job.

I don't know what the deal is with our computer, but I have not been able to upload any pictures, either to blogger or to shutterfly. So, for those of you (mom) who are waiting for our May pictures, I apologize! We're still taking them at a rapid rate, don't fear.

I've got a doctor's appointment and then we're headed to some friend's house for dinner, so I doubt I'll get much packed today.

***If you have any packing tips or how to help a toddler with a move, please leave comments below.

3 comments:

thewoodruffs said...

Here's my packing tip when moving with 2 under 2: Poke holes in a box. Pack the children inside. Ha, kidding of course. My number one tip is don't let them see you pack their toys. Kayla didn't seem to notice when the toys just "disappeared," but if she saw a toy go into a box, she wanted to play with said item. Also, encouraging her to help us pack was fun. She had her own box to pack (next to mine when I was packing) and she could pack whatever she wanted. More tips to follow as I think of them...

Amy said...

Haha :)

Good tip about the toys, Jill, thanks! I have heard to leave them for last and to unpack them first, but I didn't think about the fact that they shouldn't see them being put away. Samuel was just getting weirded out by me packing the pictures, I can't imagine what he's going to be like when his toys are gone :( Poor guy!

Keep 'em coming!

Jennifer said...

I have no great wisdom, but I will continue to keep your family in my prayers. I'm so excited for you, but I also know how overwhelming it must seem. Hope all is going well with Andy's transition!

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers