Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mid July

Our church was in charge of the entertainment for the July 4th city-wide celebration. Daddy was volunteering and we were planning on going to celebrate with the other 20,000 people expected to attend, but the weather had a different idea. This is as close as we got to the excitement.

So, I made a 4th of July treat to try to make it up to everyone a little.

Cleaning Annabelle off after dinner one night, we found a pea squirrelled away for safe keeping.

Poppy came for a surprise visit! He had a funeral to attend in NY and decided to take a detour on his way up there to visit us. We had such an awesome time with him. The boys had a sleepover with him at a nearby hotel. They went swimming, watched TV, stayed up late and had a big white sugar breakfast... I suppose that's what grandparents are for... or at least that's what they tell me :)

Our first hot pepper!

We had to stake our tomatoes with even bigger stakes since they were over 5 feet tall.

Andy made an A frame for our vines so they could be supported and give us more room for them to grow up instead of just on the ground. Annabelle loved helping.


About to get dumped on!

Water baby

I finally got the first year of our blog printed out in a book. It came out so well! I hope to be able to print one out for each year and use it as our family's memory book. I love this concept. We get the benefit of having our memories in print, but also get to share them with others online. I know I'll never even come close to capturing all the noteworthy stuff, but it's motivated me to keep blogging as much as I can.

I don't love the layout of the inside. The pictures aren't very big and the text and picture boxes aren't always aligned great, but it's a new company and I think it will only get better with time. The user just doesn't have a lot of options for how it comes out, but it might just be the design side of me being overly analytical in that area. But, on the flip side, it's extremely easy to order. So few options leads to having it ordered in under 10 minutes. If I only knew it would be that easy, I would have done it months ago! And it's reasonably priced. Totally beats scrap booking in my eyes.

The company is blog 2 print.

2 comments:

alli said...

Thanks for the blog 2 print info. I've been wanting to do something similar myself, as I'm afraid everything online will disappear one of these days!

Amy said...

No prob, Allison. I as well have a fear that one day the internet will just be no more. I have thousands of pictures on our computer that I haven't ever printed, so hopefully by printing the ones I put up on the blog will relieve some of my fears :)

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers