Friday, July 27, 2007

A Bit Early

Sam and I took a hike this morning to clear our heads and pray about some important issues that are brewing in our lives. It was wonderful.

Okay, I was doing the praying, Sam was doing the drooling! But he was doing a marvelous job at it!

Our family absolutely loves the outdoors and Samuel caught on to this love quite immediately. No matter what, he is just awe struck when we are in the woods.

The past few days poor Sam-Pig has been cutting a tooth. He has been in a lot of pain. He already has 6 teeth and has taken them all coming in like a champ, but for some reason this one is being a bear!

Well, to get to the point, we found a leaf.

It was an orange leaf!

I'm not one for summer, so I was thrilled when I saw this leaf. Could it possibly mean autumn is closer than I thought? I sure hope so!

I've had visions of Samuel jumping in huge piles of leaves this fall.

Looks like that dream is closer than I thought.

Or, that this leaf was just one of a gazillion leaves out there that randomly stopped making chlorophyll for some strange reason.

Either way, it made my day!

I think it made Sam's too. Not sure, though, he just sat there and stared at it.

No comments:

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers