Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Pictures of the Birthday Boy

I know there are at least two crazy women out there who are checking this blog on a minutely basis to hear about our boy's special day.

He had a blast! Even though the rocking horse was not in top shape or dinner was overcooked or the cupcakes were just a tad bit "off." None of that he cared about.

All he cared about was that we were all together. What a lesson to be learned from a one year old! Ugg. I said it, our son is one!!! Does that mean he's not a baby anymore?

A picture of him in his birthday hat in Walmart. Too bad that was the only time he wore it yesterday. I totally forgot about it once we were home. Luckily we'll be having another little celebration this weekend where he'll be able to wear it again.

Helping Dada put up decorations.

Before he realized he had balloons on his high chair.

After he realized he had balloons on his high chair.

Not sure what to do about this birthday cupcake.

Once he figured out this thing was food!

Samuel and his birthday present, Lu Dog the rocking horse. We dedicated this rocking horse to our beloved Lutalo. Andy is still in the process of fixing him up. He is going to carve a little dedication to Lutalo on the belly of the horse once it's all finished.

Presenting Lu Dog the rocking horse! Andy did such an amazing job for his second woodworking project.

And just for memory sake here is Andy's first woodworking project: an axe he made for Samuel when he was born.

5 comments:

Pam and Anders said...

I think he loves sugar as much as I do!! The rocking horse is so neat!

Gina Witcher / Runnermom4 said...

What a great blog. Just for a side note... all our kids used those old style pacifiers. I never met anyone else who did. Makes me miss the baby days when I see him with it.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Amy! What a big boy. I love Lu Dog the rocking horse. What a special gift for your little guy...made with such love. You guys look amazing as always. What a flash back to see the picture of Mr. Samuel as a newborn. And yes he is still a baby because to you he will always be your baby. My baby is almost 2! Crazy huh!?!?! Miss you guys!

Alana said...

Amy,

Okay, that picture of the rocking horse at the top of your blog is AWESOME. First of all, i thought it was some professional picture from the internet, second, Andy did a great job making it--it is really special! (Can he make one for me?! j/k) Awe, Samuel is adorable.
well, we're off to Ohio.

julie said...

HI
This is Pam's cousin Julie (naturalplaygarden). Andy did an incredible job on the rocking horse! It is beautiful.
I hope that by the time I have grandkids - my woodworking will be that amazing.

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers