Monday, July 2, 2007

Lessons Learned

I know you grandmas are waiting for some recent pictures of the Sam-terror! And, the audacity of me to post about politics... tisk tisk! I shall get my priority straight one day.

Well, the countdown begins. We are in the month of July, the month of our Samuel! In 15 short days we will be celebrating one year since our Samuel was born! It's hard to imagine an entire year has already gone by.

Samuel is sure living up to the name "terror." He's quite the explorer.



I learned quite a few lessons this week:

1). Don't give Samuel a "nice" book and expect him to look through it nicely. Nicely: w/o tearing out all the pages!

2). Empty trash bin when it's half full so fat little hands can't pull out the contents.

3). No more taking quick showers while Samuel plays nicely with his toys outside of the shower!

4). Don't try and take close up pictures of Samuel while he's eating. Food on the lens is definitely not conducive to a good picture!

5). Have my camera around at all times. You never know what he's up to next.

6). Take as many pictures as possible, even if I do have 1,264 of him eating in his highchair. The time goes by way to quick and I'll always wish I just had a few more pictures of him doing (fill in the blank).

This weekend we got Samuel a little pool and a walker. He's doing great with the walker. Just since Saturday night when he got it, he's already jumped from a step here and there to taking 4 and 5 steps. We knew it would be great in giving him the confidence to start walking on his own.



And then I ask myself, "why am I in such a rush to get him to walking sooner rather than later anyways?" Stupid Mamma, don't I know once he starts there's no turning back!

2 comments:

B said...

there is NO turning back haha! adrien started walking at 9 months, and while it was exciting, i've now got a 14 month old that is so mobile he can climb onto the couch, up the back of the couch, and sit on our bar...which means he can get into the kitchen (and bypass the baby gate) and get himself into hazardous situations where he could fall. ugh. i soooo hope my next baby doesn't walk for a long time! LOL

Missy said...

Oh he is the cutest terror ever! I like your lessons learned. I have no kids myself yet, but I will take note.

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers