Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July


What a reason to celebrate!

Last year about this time I was in tears trying to get this little human out that was inside me with no husband around, and no mother! She was suppose to fly in on the 7th or so, but I called her crying about 10 days earlier and she got on the next flight to come to lend her support.

Last 4th we went to the hospital because I was having so many contractions so close together. But, they wouldn't admit me! It was so nice to have my mom around during such an uncertain time, even though I often told her I didn't want her around, poor Mama! She took it in stride and stayed till this little monster came out. I could not have done it without her. Thanks mom for doing all that you did!

But this year, celebrating the 4th will be much better!

We started out our festivities last night at the Hunter's. They had a great party at the cabin and then we went out in the field right in front of our house to set fireworks off. They were great.


My only worries were that the ashes would start a fire in my much slaved over garden, and that Samuel would not be able to sleep through them. He was in bed only about a hundred feet away, so we were guessing he wouldn't stay sleeping.

It was a sucess! No fire in the garden and Samuel slept like nothing was going on. And I was able to get some great shots of the fireworks!


Now, we're headed to a cookout in town to promote our outreach next week at church and then tonight we're off to tailgate and watch some more fireworks.

I'm so glad Samuel is here with us to celebrate!

But, I am most thankful for the freedom we have in America to worship God freely without persecution! A gift that was not free! So many people have paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we could do this. Our country is so blessed!

1 comment:

Pam and Anders said...

Happy 4th Eckerts! Love you guys! I'm celebrating my last independent independence day! :)

The Kids

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers